Valente’s Deli Bakery & Italian Market
Updated Letter To Our Customers
To Our Dear Customers. For nearly 70 years and three generations, our family has served your family. During these very challenging times, our core beliefs remain unchanged and we remain OPEN and ready to serve you. However, in an effort to continue to provide you high quality customer service, we have made some temporary changes.
- Our hours of operation are from 10a – 4p, Monday through Saturday. As the weather warms, we will return to closing at 5pm.
- Westminster has a mask requirement. Please wear your mask or covering over your mouth and nose at all times while in our store.
- We ask that no more than 5 people be in our store at a time.
- We have eliminated signature requirements for credit card purchases and if your card asks for a signature, we will sign for you.
- We have removed all chairs and closed our restroom to the public. Even as restaurants begin to reopen, we will continue to be takeaway until at least mid-June. This is to protect the safety of our customers and our employees.
- We have hand sanitizing stations at each check out counter.
- We ask that when you are in the store, you not lean on the counters or surfaces.
- Please practice safe social distancing while in the store and remain 6 feet away from others.
- We ask that you provide the clerk your full order before he or she starts so that we can minimize glove changes so that we can assist you more rapidly and preserve the market supply of gloves for first responders and medical personnel who are facing shortages.
- Mostly, we ask for your patience as we are operating at a 60% staffing so that our older employees can self-isolate.
We have increased cleaning and sanitization and instituted practices that will endure long beyond this period of time. We are happy to fill over the phone orders but ask that you give us appropriate time to fill your orders. We have technology that will allow us to take your payment over the phone and text you a receipt and we are happy to bring your order out to your car.
You will also begin to notice identifying shelf tags on our shelves with sizes, prices and product descriptions much like you see in the grocery stores. This will minimize the need for customers to pick up items to look for the prices and make for a better shopping experience.
Our shelves remain well-stocked and our vendors continue to provide us with quality product and have assured us that supply is generally plentiful and they will continue to keep us stocked or alert us when to buy additional quantities of long-life products such as dried pastas and tomatoes for when some items will have market delays. We have a good, consistent supply of high-quality meats and continue to grind our ground round, pork and make our sausage fresh daily.
Many of you have asked about Larry. He is doing well but bored. As a family, we made a decision that he needed to self-isolate. He sends his thanks for all of the well wishes and his prayers to you all for good health and safety for you and your families as you are all part of our family.
We are pleased to announce that after their devastating fire, our coffee roaster has made arrangements to resume roasting at another facility. All of the paperwork has been approved and the fantastic Italian chef created, locally roasted Luna Gourmet Coffee beans and teas are returning to our shelves.
Once this pandemic has subsided and restrictions are lifted, we will return to normal hours and a more normal mode of operation. Queen Elizabeth, II said it best, “Better days will return. We will be with our friends again. We will be with our families again. We will meet again.”
On behalf of our employees, their families, our vendors and their families, we thank you for your understanding and your continued patronage. Stay safe and stay healthy.
God bless you all,
Larry, Dino and Gina Valente
Serving Metro Denver Since 1953
Italians are known for a few things: great food and strong families. For three generations and 65 years, Valente’s Deli Bakery & Italian Market has served generations of families in the Westminster and north Denver area.
Since transitioning from Westminster’s first supermarket, Valente’s has grown from a small canoli and sandwich shop to metro-Denver’s most complete Italian specialty market offering the largest selection of imported Italian pastas, sauces, tomatoes, 00 flour, olive oils and Italian foodstuffs. Valente’s also offers the most complete Italian deli with a focus on high quality imported and domestic Italian deli meats and cheeses as well a large in-house bakery, a meat market, a canoli and sandwich shop and coffee bar.
In “La Cucina Valente,” Valente’s makes Elaine T. Valente’s homemade sauce, homemade lasagna, take-n-bake pizzas and stuffed shells. Of course Fred’s signature sausage is still made the correct way – fresh daily and hand-stuffed! If you are having a party or gathering, call on Valente’s to assist you whether you want simple meat and cheese deli platters, boxed lunches for a meeting or an Italian hot food buffet.
Whether you are new to cooking or an experienced cook, Valente’s staff will guide you through your recipe and assist you in gathering the finest ingredients for your meal.